The Latest Development of ESG
All HKBAA members are welcome to join.
Date: 24 May 2019 (Friday)
Time： 6:30pm - 7:00pm (Registration and Networking)
7:00pm - 8:30pm (Seminar Time) (CPD: 1.5)
Venue： Hong Kong Academy of Management, 25/F., SUP Tower,
75 – 83 King’s Road, North Point, Hong Kong
Speaker : Hauman Yeung, Director at Ascent Partners Advisory Service Limited
Fee： Free for HKBAA Members ($50 for Non-members)
- HKEx’s review and the regulators’ attitude. HKEX has issued two documents. One is the review of 200 ESG report and the other is a further guideline. What were in the document and what will be the future development?
- Change of world’s attitude towards ESG. Different new standard has evolved, and even China has planned to announce ESG standard in
2020. Will such changes affect the listing companies in Hong Kong?
- Change of investor’s viewpoints towards ESG. ESG funds and green blossoming in the world. How can it affect the listing companies in Hong Kong. What are the opportunities and risks;
- Common mistakes in ESG report. We’ve gone through more than 200 ESG reports. There are a lot of material fatal mistakes that are very obvious to professionals.
- Hauman has been involved in the environmental movement in Hong Kong since 1988. As an Executive Director of Green Power, he managed several environmental projects funded by the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) from 1993 to 1995. Also in 1995, he started an ecovillage with the South China Agricultural University.
- Hauman started his CSR career in 2002 by working as an Associate Director with the Asian Sustainable and Responsible Investment Association. (ASrIA) Later, he worked in a private equity with LESS Limited, which invested in environmental projects in China from 2004 to 2008. He is now the department head of ESG in Ascent Partner.