Capital Markets Update
All HKBAA members are welcome to join.
Date: 18 September 2019 (Wednesday)
Time: 6:30pm - 7:00pm (Registration and Networking)
7:00pm - 8:30pm (Seminar Time) (CPD: 1.5)
Venue: KPMG office, 8/F Prince’s Building, 10 Chater Road, Central
Speaker: Mr. Roy Leung, Partner, Capital Markets Advisory Group, KPMG
Fee: Free for HKBAA Members ($50 for Non-members)
There have been recent changes in the listing regime, both in Hong Kong and in Mainland China, to facilitate the listing of new economy companies. In Hong Kong, the new listing regime for new economy companies was launched in April 2018. In the Mainland, the final rules for the new tech board were published on 1 March 2019, which constitute an unprecedented reform of the A-share market and a crucial part of China’s strategic plan.
Areas to be covered in this seminar:
• The trends and outlook of listing of new economy companies in major IPO markets
• The new listing regime launched by the Hong Kong Stock Exchange for new economy companies
• Key features of the new tech board in Shanghai
• Other recent regulatory updates that are relevant to listing applicants and listed issuers, including:
- Guidance on suitability of listing and rejection of listing applications
- Delisting framework and implications of a disclaimer or adverse audit opinion
- Guidance on presentation of non-GAAP financial measures
Roy Leung, Partner, Capital Markets Advisory Group, KPMG
Roy has extensive experience in providing assurance and advisory services to clients in the process of their IPOs. He is also the lead audit engagement partner for a number of key listed company clients. Roy has served clients from a variety of sectors including consumer goods, real estate, logistics and transportation. He serves as a member of Council of the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants. He also serves on the Departmental Advisory Committee of the Department of Accountancy of the City University of Hong Kong and the Accounting Advisory Board of the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology.