Updates on Companies Ordinance and the latest development
All HKBAA members are welcome to join.
Date: 15 October 2019 (Tuesday)
Time： 6:30pm - 7:00pm (Registration and Networking)
7:00pm - 8:30pm (Seminar Time) (CPD: 1.5)
Venue： 2/F, Duke of Windsor Social Service Building, 15 Hennessy Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Speaker : Ms Ada Chung, JP, Registrar of Companies, Companies Registry
Mrs Karen Ho, Consultant (Company Law), Companies Registry
Fee： Free for HKBAA Members ($50 for Non-members)
1) Major amendments introduced by the Companies (Amendment) Ordinance 2018
• Updating the accounting-related provisions
• Expanding the types of companies eligible for reporting exemption
• Providing for or clarifying various miscellaneous requirements regulating HK and non-Hong Kong companies
2) New Initiatives on Anti-Money Laundering & Counter Terrorist Financing
• Keeping of Significant Controllers Registers by Companies
• Licensing Regime for Trust or Company Service Providers
Ms Ada Chung, JP
Registrar of Companies, Companies Registry
Ms Ada Chung is qualified as a barrister-at-law and a Certified Public Accountant. She was appointed as the Registrar of Companies in August 2007. As the Registrar of Companies, she was heavily involved in the rewrite of the Companies Ordinance. Ada spearheaded the implementation of the new Companies Ordinance, the introduction of electronic company incorporation and electronic filing of company information in Hong Kong and, more recently, the implementation of the new anti-money laundering initiatives relating to the transparency of corporate beneficial ownership and a licensing regime for trust or company service providers. As a representative of the Financial Secretary, Ada is an ex-officio council member of the HKICPA. She also sits on the Financial Reporting Council.
Mrs Karen Ho
Consultant (Company Law), Companies Registry
Formerly the Deputy Principal Solicitor (Company Law Reform) of the Companies Registry, Mrs Karen Ho is now a Consultant in Company Law. Her main duty is to review and assist in any legislative amendments of the Companies Ordinance.